Along the way of developing a evidence-based program for women in the workplace, get to read much research done on gender issues in the corporate space. Despite the years of advancement, achievement , and plethora of work by women, its sad to see how many remain out of the spotlight because they are afraid to shine.
Resourcing as gender issues expert for the workplace at Cosmopolitan Magazine May 2017 issue, I have identified 8 traits to be a great boss that will show ‘gravitas’:
- Be decisive and take control: have the ability to reign in situations, spark action, and assume responsibility. You don’t have to be the loudest in the room to be heard. You must be sincere, genuine, know who you are and parlay that to the company culture.
- Be supportive and cooperative: A good and effective leader is not a dictator. She works hand in hand with the team and embodies the organisation’s values.
- Be a good communicator: know how to influence people. Have good communication skills. No matter how hard you work, if people do not like you, you are bound to fail.
- Be Creative: think of innovative ways to solve problems. See problems from different perspectives.
- Be Organised: Balance your work with building relationships. Choose projects well and choose the correct team mates.
- Be Adaptable: learn to cope well with setbacks. Adjust to the situation
- Be Analytical: think beyond the current plan. think long term
- Be enterprising and performing: If you want the position, don’t be shy about it. Then, be willing to work at it.
Catch the full Article in the May 2017 issue of Cosmopolitan Philippines